Thursday, November 29, 2007

LibraryThing

It's quiet, so I'm still playing 2.0 catch up. LibraryThing is pretty nifty. (My library is linked in the handy widget to the left.) I will say, though, that I find the entering of my books to be somewhat tedious. Still, once I get some entered, it's neat to see all the covers all in a row. 8)

It's amazingly easy to get lost in LibraryThing - like wikipedia, you can spend hours simply following a chain of link after link after link, noting down titles or interesting bits of information to follow up later. For instance - while entering books into my library, I discovered that there's a new Captain Raptor book* out! How awesome is that? While following tags on things I had already entered, I found a list of books on runes that I've never read. And new books on horror films that I'll have to track down. It's all very exciting.

Unlike flickr, I can see myself continuing to play with this one. And I haven't even touched the more social aspects of the site yet.


*Captain Raptor is about dinosaurs in space ships. Also, there are robots. And jetpacks. If there is anything in the world that is better than that, someone needs to tell me about immediately.

1 comment:

Constance said...

Hmm, I see we like a lot of the same books. Annotated Alice--cool. Watchmen--cool. And so many more. BTW, I was thinking about Watchmen when I read your Action Figure blog, but I thought that might be too obvious.

I'd like to hear about those new books on horror films, too...