Thursday, November 1, 2007

RSS

Today is RSS day! Yet another thing that I've heard of in my internet travels but have never really played with. Now that I've got an account on bloglines, following other people's blogs is certainly easier.

In my previous blogging experience, I've tended to use services like journalfen or insanejournal, which have a sort of built-in RSS feature. Once you sign up for a blog at a service like that, you get what's called a "friend's page" - a way to subscribe to the journals of people or groups that you want to continue reading. I'd missed that on blogger, so I'm glad to find a comparable way of doing things.

(I still think the other way's easier, since it's built in and you only have to have one account. Having seperate accounts to read and post from seems silly to me. Ah, well.)

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

there is a feed reader that comes along with your Google account (Google Reader). it doesn't sound quite as well integrated as those in your previous experience -- you can't read and post from the same page, but it is easy to use, and in the same account umbrella. bloglines has a few more features though. the "image wall" can be interesting and a bit bizarre.

bc