Thursday, November 29, 2007

Photohosting

So...I've been totally slacking on my 2.0 stuff - time to play catch up. Today, I am browsing through flickr.*

Personally, I don't take a lot of pictures. My family tells me that this is a failing. I do have various pretty pictures that I've found on the internet stored on my computer, but none of these are things I've taken myself. I save them because they're shiny and then I reupload as needed, because hotlinking is rude. I tend to use photobucket.com for that because, well, when I was a wee interweb n00b, it was what was free and available. And it's pretty easy to use, for my purposes.

Flickr is very pretty. And I like being able to search other people's pictures - with just a cursory search, I've found some amazing raven and crow pictures that I'll have to add to my collection when I get home. (Seriously - is this not gorgeous?) I'm pretty sure my mom uses flickr to upload pictures of her artist trading cards - she goes through a lot of pictures space. (Or does she use picassa? I'm honestly not sure.)

As for me, despite flickr's prettiness, I really don't have so many pictures to share with the internet that I would need a huge picture community to do it. Photobucket works for the few pictures I have so, at the moment, that's probably where I'm going to stay.

But I'll head to flickr the next time I'm looking for pretty corvids.


*I cannot type that word properly to save my life. My fingers really want it to be "flirk" and that's completely incorrect.

1 comment:

Constance said...

"Nevermore" IS very cool.